Focusing on newer technologies, specifically SAP BW on HANA, S/4HANA, SAP Fiori, Microsoft Azure solutions and migration of application to Azure. Configures, installs, maintains, upgrades, monitors, troubleshoots, repairs and optimizes computer systems hardware and software. Ensures the overall effectiveness of components. Evaluates, recommends, and implements cost effective improvements that will increase utility, functionality, and/or effectiveness of said components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the Project planning and delivery of new dimensional SAP systems to meet expanding business requirements including installation of SAP Products.
- Be part of a global cloud infrastructure team responsible for designing solutions by providing input on: Overall roadmap of digital transformation initiatives with SAP as the central ERP solution SAP roadmap relative to migration to cloud (S/4HANA, SAC, CPI/BTP, etc.) and interfacing with cloud and on-premise applications
- Migration of workload from on premise to cloud in a cost-effective way while maximizing business return on investment and how that interacts/impacts SAP Azure cloud security, network, storage and compute relative to application architecture
- Familiarity with next gen Azure products such as Synapse, ADLS, Azure Data Factory, etc. as well as containerization with OpenShift and AKS Architectural decisions on go-forward cloud and hybrid solutions
- Review and integration of any new technologies as part of digital transformation
- Provide architectural input and roadmap on SAP applications’ use in current on premise environment
- Be primary SAP technical resource for all projects and enhancements in the SAP ecosystem
- Extensive knowledge of configuring and maintaining ECC/BW on HANA, S/4HANA, Business Objects, SAP APO, CRM, GRC, Solution Manager, PI/PO, GTS, Enterprise Portal, BI-JAVA
- Install, maintain, upgrade and migrate SAP systems based on HANA 1.0, HANA 2.0, Oracle, SQL Server residing either on premise, in various Cloud Technologies, or in Hybrid environments.
- Extensive knowledge of single sign-on (SSO) solution for portal, backend (R/3 and BI) systems, and Business Objects enterprise to enterprise LDAP using SAML.
- Research and guide team to implement solutions for SAP Basis functionality in the areas of performance monitoring, tuning, and systems configuration using the SAP Best Practice outline.
- Perform technical analysis, design, build, test and deploy for new Development projects. Strategy for Support, go-live, Data Loads, printing, faxing, Batch scheduling etc.
- Provide Basis “third level” technical support to various other teams (ABAP developers, functional team, DBA, etc.) to resolve critical system issues.
- Develop and implement proper security measures in order to provide data integrity and confidentiality of information.
- Work across functional support areas to tune SAP applications for optimal performance.
- Evaluate enterprise-wide SAP application systems and develop detailed analysis reports and recommendations for business-critical systems.
- Lead and give guidance to third party managed services team responsible for support functions.
- Participate in 24×7 on call support escalations as needed per the job description.
- Implements, analyzes, maintains, customizes, supports, and tests components within the assigned technical area(s).
- Provides, reviews, or assists in the creation of and evaluations of suggested hardware/software configurations pertinent to the assigned technical area.
- Provides evaluation of proposals and/or projects pertinent to assigned technical area(s)
- Monitors, evaluates, and reports the ongoing performance and capacity of components within the assigned technical area to ensure business needs are met. Recommends enhancements as they pertain to the(se) area(s) based upon known capabilities and projected future demands within the technical areas. May manage the implementation of defined solutions.
- May be involved in evaluating hardware and software technology against existing, future, and anticipated needs.
- May recommend enhancements to the computing environment in order to provide cost effective solution to problems or processes.